If you want to live close to Los Angeles but in a more relaxed suburban area, Santa Clarita may be the perfect place for you. Santa Clarita is a wonderful city in Los Angeles County that allows you to be close enough to the trendy Los Angeles locations, but far enough to enjoy a calmer, family-friendly neighborhood. The average price of homes in the Santa Clarita Valley is also less than Los Angeles, meaning you can probably get a larger and/or newer home for your budget.
Is Santa Clarita a Good Place to Live?
Santa Clarita has a lot to offer, but whether it’s the right place for you will depend on what you’re looking for in a community. We’ve included some of the best things about Santa Clarita so you can make up your own mind about whether it’s the right place for you.
- Good School System: If you are moving to Santa Clarita with children, you’ll be glad to know that they have a great school district. Many of the elementary schools, including three in the Newhall District and one in the Sulphur Springs Union School District, have been recognized as Distinguished Schools in California. Santa Clarita also has a variety of schooling options, including public and private schools. Regardless of the grade your child is in, there are excellent choices for their schooling in the Santa Clarita Valley.
- Great Places to Eat: Santa Clarita is filled with a variety of cafes and restaurants for days when you don’t feel like driving into the city. Some of the must-visit food places in Santa Clarita include Toppers Pizza, Eggs n Things, and Newhall Refinery.
- Many Hiking Destinations: If you like to hike, then you’ll love Santa Clarita. The Santa Clarita Valley is filled with many hiking destinations with beautiful views and trails. This valley is perfect for anyone who loves the outdoors. Two of our favorite hiking trails are Towsley Canyon and Whitney Canyon Park, and we also love visiting the prehistoric stone formations of Vasquez Rocks and the Placerita Canyon Nature Center and trails.
- Extensive Bike Paths: The Santa Clarita Valley is home to an extensive network of biking/running/walking paths that wind through the city of Valencia, into the suburbs of Santa Clarita, and beyond. Clearly designated and set off from most major roads, these paths offer a wonderful way to get outside and move. Learn more about enjoying the great outdoors in Santa Clarita by reading our blog post: 5 Outdoor Activities in Santa Clarita!
- Many Things to Do with Children: If you have children, there are countless things to do with your family. There are numerous parks and playgrounds throughout the Santa Clarita Valley, and the Santa Clarita Aquatics Center to keep cool during the summer. Some of the residents’ favorites include visiting the Six Flags amusement park, spending a Sunday morning at the Farmers Market, or attending a local festival. During the summer, the city hosts free Concerts in the Park for people of all ages. Santa Clarita is also known as a safe community where children can enjoy their time outdoors.
- Reliable Public Transportation: Santa Clarita has excellent public transportation that makes it easy for you to go from place to place. If you don’t want to deal with Los Angeles traffic, then Santa Clarita is a great place to be. There are three Metrolink stations in the city, so you can quickly get to where you’re going, no matter where you live or work.
More About Santa Clarita
Santa Clarita is located about 30 miles northwest of downtown Los Angeles. In 2020, the city had an estimated population of 228,673, making it the third-most populous city in Los Angeles County. It was incorporated in December 1987 and is a frequent choice for filming both television shows and movies. Interesting fact: In 1842, a man named Francisco Lopez discovered gold in Placerita Canyon. This was the first documented discovery of gold in California.
Reliable Santa Clarita Movers: Call Today at (661) 622-2636
If you’re moving to Santa Clarita, the team at Affordable Quality Moving & Storage is ready to help you make your moving experience an easy one. Since 1996, our family-owned and operated business has been dedicated to helping our clients have a stress-free moving experience. Our team is insured and trained to pack, unpack, and transport your belongings with care to ensure that they arrive at your new home safely. Let our Santa Clarita movers help you, so you can start enjoying the amazing benefits the Santa Clarita Valley has to offer.
Call our team of Santa Clarita movers today for a free in-home estimate at (661) 622-2636!