Moving, whether it's just a few miles away or to another state, requires extensive planning and organizing, but thankfully, there are resources available to help you. Smartphones now offer a variety of apps that help international movers search for a new home, organize their packing, and settle into their new location. Affordable Quality Moving and Storage has created a list below of the best moving apps out there.
Apps to Find a New Home
Searching for a new home can be overwhelming, but with the help of these apps, you can find a new home faster than ever. The following apps provide you with useful resources and information that make moving easy.
- Zillow: The first step to moving is finding a new home. Zillow is one of the best apps for helping you find a new home to rent or buy. This company helps you search through thousands of house and apartment listings throughout the United States and Canada.
- Redfin: This app makes it easy to buy and sell your home. They offer full-service, local agents who get to know you over coffee and on home tours. They also provide you with online tools that make buying or renting a new home in the U.S. smarter and faster.
- Trulia: This is another app that makes it easy for movers to buy and rent a home across the United States. This app provides recommendations, local insights, and helpful information about different locations.
Apps for Packing
While you're packing and getting ready to move, you may need help getting rid of unnecessary items. The following apps will help you with your packing process to ensure you organize the things you want to keep and get rid of the things you don’t.
- Letgo: This is a free app for selling and buying within your community. You can take photos of the items you want to sell, upload it, and quickly get in touch with buyers.
- Facebook Marketplace: This extension on Facebook is also a great tool to get rid of unwanted items. Facebook Marketplace makes it easy to sell furniture and other things to people within your community.
- Sortly: Unplanned packing can lead to confusion and frustration. Thankfully, this app helps you avoid all this stress by making it easy to categorize items by room and keep track of them with a moving checklist. You can even create labels to place on boxes and scan them with the app. Sortly makes staying organized easy and stress-free.
- OfferUp: This is another great app for selling items you have around the house that you no longer need or want. You can take pictures and write a description of what you want to sell, and people in the area can inquire about purchasing it.
Apps for Making Lists & Notes
- Evernote: This note-taking and organizing app has been around for a while, offering an easy way to make lists and inspiration boards for your moving tasks and setting up your new home.
- Google Keep: Google Keep offers a way to create and share lists, and when a task is completed and checked off, it is updated on everyone's app. You can create lists for cleaning, packing, or even a moving timeline.
Organizing Your New Home
Getting settled into your new home is fun and exciting. It's important to organize, and the following apps can help with just that!
- MagicPlan: Arranging the floor plan for your new home can be challenging to visualize. Thankfully, the MagicPlan app uses augmented reality to create floor plans by walking around the space with your phone or tablet. This app also helps you create a basic floorplan without having to remember the dimensions.
- TaskRabbit: After moving into a new home, there is a chance you may need a handyman to make repairs or adjustments. TaskRabbit is an app that matches you with freelance workers for all types of projects, including patching holes, cleaning, and painting.
Finding Things to Do in Your New Neighborhood
If you're moving to another city or state, you probably want to find new restaurants to try and places to go. You might even need to find a new hair salon, handyman, dentist, or other services and providers. The following apps can help you get settled into your new city or town.
- Yelp: With Yelp, you can search in your new neighborhood for virtually anything, from a barber to an authentic Mexican restaurant. By reading reviews and looking at pictures and descriptions, you can choose the ones that sound best and try them for yourself.
- OpenTable: If you want to find new restaurants and make reservations straight from your phone, OpenTable is extremely helpful. You can even search for specific times to see which establishments can take you on a specific date.
- Google Maps: Google Maps offers a fast and easy way to find parks, playgrounds, museums, businesses, restaurants, and virtually anything in your new neighborhood. You can also read reviews and check out pictures straight from the app!
Take Advantage of the Best Moving Apps & Experience a Less Stressful Move
Apps offer so many convenient ways to organize for a move, sell unwanted items, find new things to do, and even find a handyman. When you find and use the right moving apps for your move, you can reduce your stress and experience more of the benefits of moving. At Affordable Quality Moving and Storage, we're here to offer additional help during your local, out-of-state, long-distance, or international move. Our Southern California movers know how to safely pack and move your belongings, unpack, and even offer storage solutions. We've been delivering high-quality moving services since 1996 and are ready to see what we can do to help you!
Contact our Southern California moving professionals today for a free estimate at (661) 622-2636!