If you’re moving to a new city with your kids, finding a new school will be one of your most essential tasks. However, how do you find the best school for your child’s needs? The team at Affordable Quality Moving & Storage is here to help you. We know that no one cares more about your child’s welfare than you do. You know your child’s personality, strengths, weaknesses, and learning style. To help, our team of Santa Clarita movers put together some tips on how to help you find the right school for your child.
Consider Your Child & Your Family
You should start searching for the best school by articulating the resources that most benefit your child. Once you determine your child’s needs, you will be able to decide which school is the right fit. A great way to start is by asking yourself a few questions.
Some of the questions you should ask yourself include:
- Does your child need a more/less structured environment?
- Does your child need more challenging work?
- Does your child need more individual attention?
- Does your child need an English language acquisition program?
- Does your child learn best by seeing how things work?
- Does your child like to learn in groups?
- Is your child logical and mathematical or musical and artistic?
- Does your child like playing sports or need a physical outlet?
Gather Information About Local Schools
When researching schools, you may have to make phone calls, talk to other parents, and look at the curriculum. Many schools—public, private, or religious—may specialize in certain areas. There is essential information you should gather to determine if a school is a right fit for you and your child.
- Active Academic Programs: Some schools may have a strong program for core academic subjects such as English, history, mathematics, science, arts, or foreign language.
- Special Needs Accommodations: If your child has special needs, you should check to see what schools have a curriculum that will accommodate those needs.
- Teaching Styles: You should also research the teaching styles of the schools you are considering. You should identify if the schools have a particular approach to teaching and learning and if your child enjoyed it.
- Academic Performance: This is another thing you should consider when researching schools. A great way to determine if a school is the right fit is by comparing overall test scores and report cards.
- Behavior Policy: You should determine what each school does to help develop character and citizenship. Are teachers fair in their responses to students? What security measures do they take to keep schools safe?
We know there are countless things you need to handle before your move. But you can leave the packing, unpacking, and transportation to us! Spend your time finding the best school for your child while we handle the rest. Contact us today for a free in-home estimate at (661) 622-2636!